News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 Cadillac - Upholstery

Started by Dan Eckstein, January 15, 2010, 09:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Eckstein

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring a 59 Cadillac and I need some advice on the interior.  The are my current focus, they are in bad shape and need to be recovered.  I am having trouble deciding with material to use.  I would like to use leather but due to financial constraints, I am afraid it will be too costly.  A local upholstery shop suggested naugahyde, but I do not know much about it.  Any thought or ideas on ways to restore interiors in a cost effective manner would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Dan Eckstein
CLC #24850
Thank you for your time,
Dan Eckstein
CLC #24850

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

What body style is your car?
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dan Eckstein

Thank you for your time,
Dan Eckstein
CLC #24850

Otto Skorzeny

You're only going to do it once so bite the bullet and use the original style materials.

Naugahyde is just a trade name for vinyl.

Whatever you do, don't go velour.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Roger Zimmermann

The vinyl may be a little bit cheaper, but compared to the labor value, it is almost negligible. The resale value will however be much lower with the wrong material. You don't intend to resell your car? Me not either but one day my cars will have to be sold...

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101