News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'54 bumper guard (dagmar)

Started by Keith, January 17, 2010, 02:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith

Yesterday I managed to gently roll into a brick wall with my '54 Coupe DeVille.  Only damage is a dent about the size of a nickel in the very tip of the right dagmar in my otherwise flawless bumper.  Does anyone know if I can remove and replace or repair only the damaged tip?  I cannot tell if it is a separate piece or not.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  Keith

Otto Skorzeny

The bumper comes apart in sections so you can take the injured Dagmar to a metal worker or chrome shop and have it pounded out and/or filled and then re-chromed.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Stewart Homan

Hi Keith,

Yes a 54 tip unbolts - there is a single bolt accessed from behind through the upper bumper - the only thing I would say is make sure the repairer puts the 'point' back into it rather than a 'dome' like a 53 has!

Cheers,

Stew