News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac side trim retaining clips

Started by Ben Acheff, January 18, 2010, 12:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Acheff

Hi everyone,

I just got my car back from the body shop after a bit of paint work, n' the job required the removal of my rear 1/4 panel trim.  I'm trying to locate a new set of side trim retaining clips for a '59 Cadillac Series 6200.  I checked the McVey and CaddyDaddy sites, does anyone have a source for these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ben Acheff

35-709

See Forrest's (Ottoskorzeny) very long list of suppliers and vendors, look for Restoration Specialties.  A link to the list is at the bottom of every one of Forrest's posts.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

RobW

Rob Wirsing

RobW

If they look like these, you can get them at most autobody supply stores. I think the originals probably snapped into a hole. These would work too if you can't find the correct ones. There should be enough room to reach in there and get a nut on the back.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55-56-57-58-59-60-61-CADILLAC-BUICK-TRIM-MOLDING-CLIPS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca93fb7deQQitemZ260537563102QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Rob Wirsing

Ben Acheff

Thanks guys, I managed to actually find a set at a local shop here in town.  Thanks for the info on that list, though!  I'll keep that one in mind.