News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Drawings/design 1933 5502

Started by Paul van Acker#18204#, January 19, 2010, 10:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul van Acker#18204#

Dear Members,

Is there anyone who knows where to find the drawings/designs of the 1933 V16 5502.
There must be someone who has the old factory books with this design drawings.
I would be very happy with some copies.

Regards,

Paul van Acker

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

HI Ralph,

Way. WAY back in the mimeo days of the S/S, there were a couple of small sheets of these line drawings reproduced. I am pretty sure that they were 1933. The problem is that I will have to check a lot of back issues. Some of the S/S from 40 years ago seem as if they were only produced last month... I'll check ASAP. Barry.

Paul van Acker#18204#

Hi Barry,

I wait quietly and thanks for your reply

Paul van Acker

Quote from: Barry M. Wheeler #2189 on January 19, 2010, 11:32:30 AM
HI Ralph,

Way. WAY back in the mimeo days of the S/S, there were a couple of small sheets of these line drawings reproduced. I am pretty sure that they were 1933. The problem is that I will have to check a lot of back issues. Some of the S/S from 40 years ago seem as if they were only produced last month... I'll check ASAP. Barry.

veesixteen

This one was never actually built.  There is an artist's drawing (side view) of that racy roadster in Fleetwood's 1933 catalog, "Individual  Body Styles ... Cadillac V-16". I shall scan it and send it to you, Paul.  I have never seen any actual designer's drawings, with or without measurements, for any 1933 Cadillac.  I have many for 1930-31 and a few for 1932.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Paul van Acker#18204#

Thanks Yann,

Like I told you by phonecall and e-mail : all information makes me happy!!

Paul.

Quote from: veesixteen on January 19, 2010, 05:36:21 PM
This one was never actually built.  There is an artist's drawing (side view) of that racy roadster in Fleetwood's 1933 catalog, "Individual  Body Styles ... Cadillac V-16". I shall scan it and send it to you, Paul.  I have never seen any actual designer's drawings, with or without measurements, for any 1933 Cadillac.  I have many for 1930-31 and a few for 1932.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

This are probably the pictures that I  was thinking of. Yann, you saved me a long search.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: cadillaccollector#18204# on January 19, 2010, 10:04:39 AM
Dear Members,

Is there anyone who knows where to find the drawings/designs of the 1933 V16 5502.
There must be someone who has the old factory books with this design drawings.
I would be very happy with some copies.

Regards,

Paul van Acker

Paul,
You're not getting any ideas are you??? LOL
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

veesixteen

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"