News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Shop Manuals

Started by Mickey, January 28, 2010, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey

Would like to know if there is a supplemental manual to the 1930-31 Cadillac-LaSalle
V-8, V-12, V-16 shop manual or if there is such an animal

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Micky,
There was a preliminary shop manual.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Warren Rauch

I am not sure what you are asking. The 1932 and 1933 (series B&C cars) manuals were only  supplements to the the 1930-31 (series A) manual. Fisher had a manual on bodies that was for all of their bodied models. THe Cadillac  Service Man  was a twice a month publication at this time. It included updates on problems, quick fixes, new tools, production changes ,etc. ,,anything to help the mechanics. Cadillac also made film strips available to the dealers on various repair subjects. All these things did supplement the shop manual. Warren

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: Warren Rauch on January 29, 2010, 07:10:39 PM
The 1932 and 1933 (series B&C cars) manuals were only  supplements to the the 1930-31 (series A) manual.

Warren,
I'm going to respectfully disagree. The 32 was a full stand alone manual. It also  had a preliminary manual issued just like for  the 30 manual. The 33 update was a packet of pages that were to be inserrted in the 32 manual. There may have been a small 33 preliminary issued too.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Warren Rauch

I stand corrected. The 1932 manual was not a supplement. It was 110 pages and a full manual. The 1933 pages were free for anyone owning the 1932 Book.  Preliminary manuals were issued in January 1932 and 1933.
   The shop manual from 1929 was the base manual in 1930. A supplement was issued (2-1-1930 Serviceman)for the new 353 and 340 models. In the Mar1,1930 issue of the  Service Man most service info on the new V-16 is included.They mention  "the V-16 Service Information booklet"  as the other source for the new model, also film strips. I seem to remmember seeing  a V-16 Preliminary manual, this is probably what they are talking about. In Sept 1930 , the Preliminary manual on (1931) 355 and 345 was printed. In October 1930 , the Preliminary V-12 (370) manual.  It was in the Oct 15, 1931 Serviceman that the manual we call the 1930-31  manual was announced, cost $2.50 w/binder.
  Another source of factory info was , handouts for the films. I don't know how many films had them. I  have a reprint called "Front Axle Alignment Manual" from June 1933, which was such a booklet (it covers back to 1927).
  Non - Factory companies like National Service Data are also a good source. Their information on Cadillac stuff is based on the above manuals. But , parts bought by Cadillac are based on the manufacture 's ideas, sometimes better. Warren

ocnbryant67

Thanks guys - What we are running into is the final fine tunning on a V-12 1931 Cadillac Imperial Sedan Limo
and we have incomplete data on the degrees to fine tune the points and distributor plus the shop manual
has references on notes in some of the data tables but no notes

Are the Service Man publications readily avaliable and were

Warren Rauch

I was hoping someone who has done this, would pick this up. Try a new listing with" Timing a 31   V12" as the title
  You don't say what manual you are using or what the problem is exactly. It would help to know if I have anything different that might help.You also have to balance the two carbs.
  Cadillac ServiceMan issues from this time are only avalible from dealers and eBay .It took me years to get a full set. Warren