News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'97-99 radio

Started by Matt 12861, February 05, 2010, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

I just got a 97 DeVille with an am/fm cassette (no CD) I am picking up tomorrow (if it quits snowing!).  It is going to replace my 99 Deville that I skidded over a curb in icy weather.  I would get that car fixed but it has 218,000 miles on it.  That car has a factory ten disk changer in the trunk.  Does the stereo in the 97 have a harness for the changer already in the trunk?  If someone got that option they would just pop it in?  If so is the stereo "smart" enough to see the cd player is plugged in?  It would make sense to me from a manufacturing stand point to have one model stereo that would just have programmable options.

Thanks for any help.  On another note, I just found out first hand the "cash for clunkers" has really made it hard to find a decent 10-15 year old Cadillac for a few thousnad for a daily driver.  Three years ago there was one on every corner for sale.  For the last month everyone with an add I've called has just sold it.

Caddydave75 #18575

I remember that '96 Fleetwood Broughams came pre wired for the CD changer in the trunk.  My '98 had one in the trunk on the Passenger side, but it was ordered from the factory.  My current '99 has a single disk in the radio. I would imagine that there is a connection for it in the trunk already.   I have some advance order guides from those era cars, I will see if I can find the answer.

Dave
Dave Lickel #18575
2001 Deville
1999 Deville Golden Anniversary Edition
1975 Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible

Matt

Thanks, that would be helpful