News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any differences in 390 heads?

Started by Dan Coghlan, February 06, 2010, 06:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Coghlan

I have a 390 out of a 61. It was already rebuilt but the 2 heads have different part numbers. I guess during the rebuild one was found to have a crack so it was replaced. I dont know which is original and which is not. The part #s are 1468025 and 1473449 I just need to make sure these heads will work together before I put it in the car. There must be something different if the part numbers are diffent, I was told it was just the cooling passages. I need to confirm this.

Jeffrey Burland

These are 58-63 heads and will be ok for your 390. 1468025 is the LH and 1473449 is the RH. You're good to go. HTH, Jeff
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

Dan Coghlan

Thanks. Now I can sleep easy tonight. I was getting worried.

cadman49

hi dan,58 heads are for the 365 motor. the 59-63 heads are technicaly for the 390 motor.however,you can use the 64-67 heads also but the valve covers are shaped a little different on the top corners.basicly 49-62 valve covers fit all motors from 49-67,but the 63-67 covers wont work on the earlyier motors because of the curved corners. 64-67 heads tend to crack between the valves.  ill go now--cadman49

Vetteman61

You can tell which are left and right heads because of the water pump mounting orientation. 
Brandon