News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 Parking lights. Glass or Plastic?

Started by Dan Coghlan, February 08, 2010, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Coghlan

On my Series 62 Coupe I had flat glass lenses, on my Coupe Deville and a series 62 sedan I bought a new bumper off of, they had cone shaped plastic lenses. Whats the deal with this? Was it part of an option group?

Otto Skorzeny

I think the flat glass ones are for cars equipped with fog lights.

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

kelly

On my "57 75 series,  all of the lenses are plastic.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Roger Zimmermann

I have a set of fog lenses for a 57 in my stock; they are glass. The 59 models had glass with fog lamps and plastic lenses without the fog lamp option. I suppose that the glass was required on these models with fog lamps due to the generated heat. On '55, '56 and '58 models the cavity for the fog lamp is larger, therefore there was no problem with the heat.
Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

mb

Hi,
I've had 3 - 57's. The flat glass lenses came on cars equiped with for lights, the cars that do not have fog lights have plastic cone shape lenses.