News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

HORN ADVICE 39 LASALLE

Started by mICHAEL jOHNSON, February 20, 2010, 11:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mICHAEL jOHNSON

iI have a manual with an exploded view of my 1939 laSalle steering wheel horn but it is hard to see.My horn doesn't work and I can't tell what is missing.  I see a wire coming up from the column but don't know how to attach.  Does anyone know where I can get a clear schematic picture or parts once I figure out what I am missing?  thank you         johnson.m@monet.k12.ca.us

Bruce Berghoff-CLC#1476

Michael...The horn ground wire that runs up through the steering shaft should be soldered to a small brass terminal that is pressed into a plastic cup in the top end of the  shaft. That plastic cup insulates the ground circuit and prevents your  horn from honking continuously until the horn button is depressed to complete the circuit. It sounds like your brass terminal and insulator cup might be missing ? Those parts are so small they are easily muddled in the factory exploded view diagrams. bb

Bill Ingler #7799

Michael: Here is a schematic from my parts book. Part G is what Bruce is talking about in his reply.If this schematic is not clear, please email me direct and I will email the schematic to you.    Bill

michael johnson

thank you both for your responses,  I will send Bruce a copy of your schematic of the wheel with the missing parts marked, thanks guys

Bruce Berghoff #1476

Hey Michael... I have that same schematic in several Factory Parts Books . No need to send it, just indicate the parts you are looking for by number. Thanks . bb

michael johnson

G- insulator
H-spring
K-cushion
M-spring but i am not sure about that part what does it do ?
N-wire