News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940-72: Help identifying parts

Started by jbento, February 21, 2010, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbento

Howdy!

Apologies for what was a longer absense than anticipated, but life has a way of interfering with this little project of mine.

So in short, the body shop that disassembled the front clip and did the paint work on my 1940 Series 72 has decided cease being a body shop.

The good news is they were very professional about the shut down and I have all my parts (I believe).

The bad news is since I did not take the car apart, I have no idea where some of these parts go and how the front clip goes back together again.

So in an effort to keep this project moving forward, could y'all take a look at the attached photos and try and let me know what these parts might be, and where they might go.  In addition, any other suggestions, photos, sketches, exploded diagrams, etc. that will help me put together this mother of all jigsaw puzzels would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Don Boshara #594

Joe, are you sure that these go with you car? I have a '40 60 Special & there is nothing attached to the front clip like these items.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

jbento

To be honest, no, I am not sure.  The pieces in the upper pic have an angle on them that matches perfect to where the body comes up to the firewall.  But I can't see how it would attach or what purpose it would serve.  It is entirely possible that the body shop painted some pieces that were not mine but kept in close proximity to this project and they somehow got sent home with me.  But I don't know.

Does anyone else recognize these?

Thanks!

Joe
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Frank Starr

Well, I used to have a 40-7219 which I took apart, but that was 40 years ago.  From my fuzzy memeory, I don't recognize these parts.  That means some poor other guy is missing some key parts for his car.

Frank Starr

Sweede64

The bottom pic looks lika a radiatorsupport on a late -60 or early-70 GM.
Thomas Karlström

Classic

These parts look plastic, not metal.  If so, they didn't come from your car.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

jbento

They are not plastic.  But they were painted by the body shop the same color as my car (a very VERY dark blue trying to approximate the Antoinette Blue that was original).

My hope is that as I put this thing together, if something seems missing, that may be where these go.  And if nothing seems missing, I won't use these pieces.
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72