News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57-58 eldorado hub caps

Started by Dave Ventresca, February 22, 2010, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ventresca

Were the hub caps on 57-58 eldorados chrome plated or stainless steel? thanks, Dave

Quentin Hall Australia

G'day Dave, You helped me out last week so I will try and return the favour. I think 57 Eldos had chromed caps. The sabre wheels were chromed alum. The centre caps (that I had on my 57 ) were chromed. Brougham wheels are also chromed. I have not come across stainless 57 centre caps. That said I have 53 wire centre caps that are chromed and some that are stainless (inc a nice NOS set I picked up for my Eldo recently.) Hope you are well. My Eldos are slowly progressing . . . but progressing nonetheless.
      Regards. Q

Roger Zimmermann

I have one original '57 hubcap for a sabre wheel hanging in my office. It's definitively a chromed part. Probably made of brass as the magnet does not stick to it.
'57/58 Brougham's hubcaps are made with brass; I have one defective one which has been dechromed. This is the reason why I'm so sure.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101