News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Is this an original color for 1941?

Started by dean, February 26, 2010, 12:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dean

Is this an original color for a 1941 Caddy 62 deluxe coupe? I have some interest in buying it. Any comments about it would be appreciated.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

srk1941

I have the original 1941 Cadillac dealer plastic paint selector sheets, with the clear '41 Series 62 Sedan overlay sheet.

This does look like Cimarron Green, with Berkshire Green Metallic roof.  The shade of green looks slightly bluer in the eBay pictures, but it could just be computer molecules mixing things up??  It's a beautiful color combination.

Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

While you could have any 1941 Cadillac painted any durable color for $25.00, one must remember that to "look good," the color must be something available either currently (1940-41), or a color used in the past. I am going to use a brown used in 1932/33 by Cadillac for my own car. The color shown is too "blue" to be Cimmaron Green. Hollis Weihe, a 1941 expert since deceased told me of an aqua he saw on a convertible sedan owned by an Admiral in the Navy. This was somewhat confirmed years later in a conversation with an owner who may have driven that car for the promotion ceremony for an admiral.

I also heard that Mr. Coker's father (tire fame) had a 41 convertible that was painted an original aqua using a chip taken from the steering column. To be truly authentic looking, the car in question should have had the color dulled up to match the metallics of the 1940s.