News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Does anyone know this car I'm interested in buying ?

Started by Rick Peterson #25685, February 28, 2010, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Peterson #25685

The car is a 1931 rumble seat coupe. It is located in Tyler Texas. It is listed ot americandreamcars.com . Please take a look and tell me what you think. Is there any of you who could possibly look at it for me ? I will gladly pay for your time . If I go look at this car are there any things on this year that I should pay particular attention to. does this price seem in line ?
Thanks Rick  #25685

Otto Skorzeny

For the benefit of the less technically savvy.

www.americandreamcars.com

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Rick Peterson #25685

Thanks Otto,  Yes I must confess, not very tech savy here.  What did you think on car.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Fred Zwicker #23106

Quote from: RICK IN NC on February 28, 2010, 08:37:09 PM
The car is a 1931 rumble seat coupe. It is located in Tyler Texas. It is listed ot americandreamcars.com . Please take a look and tell me what you think. Is there any of you who could possibly look at it for me ? I will gladly pay for your time . If I go look at this car are there any things on this year that I should pay particular attention to. does this price seem in line ?
Thanks Rick  #25685

I called on this car about 4 months ago and it was sold.  I don't know why they don't pull the ad.  The seller had another older Cadillac for sale, but not as nice as this one.  I would still call, as maybe the deal fell through or something else might be available.  It is really a nice car and wish I could have made a deal on it.  From my experience, the best bet if you see something for sale on the Internet that is of interest, better to call than to email back and forth.  One call is worth 10 emails.  I have lost several nice purchases wasting time with emails. When you call you can get a better feel for the offer.  Make notes before you call and ask plenty of questions.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Rick Peterson #25685

Fred, Thanks for the info and advice. Just out of curiosity did you see the car and was it worth the 48 k price .

Fred Zwicker #23106

Quote from: RICK IN NC on February 28, 2010, 11:43:07 PM
  Fred, Thanks for the info and advice. Just out of curiosity did you see the car and was it worth the 48 k price . 

Rick - I didn't see the car, but did talk with the owner by phone.  I really liked the look of the car.  The owner also had a Cadillac Victoria 2-door (similar year) he wanted to sell for about the same price, but I didn't care for it as much as the one that you are looking at.   If you are really interested you may want to give him a call.  He said he is in Texas.   

Isn't if funny how much better a car looks when it is already sold?   Why the broker didn't at least mark the car "sold" is a mystery to me, unless they are ttryingfor more leads.  I think this is a poor policy.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com