News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1930 LaSalle 4037 Windshield?

Started by Brian Dowell, March 01, 2010, 02:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Dowell

Still restoring a 1930 LaSalle 7 Passenger 4037. Still having trouble with the windshield area.  Did they use the same windshield posts for any other years or on the Cadillac.
30 LaSalle Coupe
30 LaSalle 7 Passenger touring
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Paul Ayres #5640

Brian - Is your car a 4057, 7-passenger touring, Fleetwood?  I cannot find a 4037 body style in the Master Parts Book.  If it is a 4057, it has the same posts as all 1930-31 Cadillac and LaSalle Roadsters and Touring Cars with Fleetwood bodies.  Paul Ayres #5640

Brian Dowell

Mr. Ayers,
My mistake you are correct it is a 4057 7-passenger touring, Fleetwood sorry for the typo.  Thank you for the information I have been trying to restore this car and having the most trouble with the windshield area. I need the chrome strip and molding below the windshield.  I have found a the rubber molding at Steele Rubber Products however it is white and i'm not sure white is right. We have met at the CLC meeting in Roseville. I'm looking forward to you seeing this car.  I am hoping it is done this spring and it turns out as well as planed.
Brian

Looking forward for more replies or anyone have this molding?
30 LaSalle Coupe
30 LaSalle 7 Passenger touring
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring