News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carb to intake gaskets........issue

Started by Brett Cottel, March 02, 2010, 08:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Cottel

Old carb to intake gasket had 5 separate gaskets stacked together......having a vacuum leak under the carb where the carb sort of overlaps the manifold.....any similiar problems out there? Used the 1 gasket in the carb rebuild kit and now having a vacuum problem.  Anyone have to use that many gaskets to fix this or other idea's......hard to get just the gasket alone without special order.  Basically just an almost perfect square with four circles cut in the middle for the 4 barrel.
Thanks for any help folks  >:D
Brett
1955 Cadillac Meteor Combination Coach
CLC #27535
Pic's at http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/brettcottel/

Otto Skorzeny

Call Daytona Parts and talk to Ron or Tim Hewitt. You know where to find the number.

I've never heard of that before. Just one gasket is working fine for me.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Brett Cottel

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on March 02, 2010, 08:42:11 PM
Call Daytona Parts and talk to Ron or Tim Hewitt. You know where to find the number.

I've never heard of that before. Just one gasket is working fine for me.

I wonder if the intake had some sort of screwy work done to it. Didn't notice it while it was off the car......I'll give your guys a call.
Thanks!
1955 Cadillac Meteor Combination Coach
CLC #27535
Pic's at http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/brettcottel/

TJ Hopland

Only reason I have seen gaskets stacked together was someone trying to address a vapor lock problem.  The idea was getting some insulation between the hot intake and the carb would help keep it cool.  More popular carbs there are solid spacers made for that purpose.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason