News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Chic Gray passed away

Started by homeonprunehill, March 14, 2010, 03:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeonprunehill

LONG TIME CLC MEMBER, CHIC GRAY , FROM CANADA.  I WAS TOLD BY HIS WIDOW THAT HE PASSED AWAY   JAN. of 2010 I had never met Chic in person. I knew he had his back operated on back in AUG.of 2009. i   had  sold  him a  frount and rear bumper that were from a '38 LAS for his '37 covert ,    I don't know if he had time to install them .     jim   

<Edited to correct spelling of the Gentelman's name. My condolences>
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

buicksplus

I had the pleasure of dealing with Chic regularly.  We both have 37 LaSalle convertible coupes.  His was a basket case, I sent him many pictures of my assembled car to help him figure out how to put his together.  He made a lot of progress with it, it was coming together nicely.

I know he did not finish the car, the work slowed down last year when he had a major tumor removed from his back.  But he had a great attitude and kept very active searching for parts on the internet.

His widow told me the family plans to complete the restoration eventually.

Chic was a very nice car nut, always had a good joke and offers to help out.  He will be missed.  I am sorry he didn't finish the car, but I think  it kept him smiling up to the end...

Bill
Albuquerque, NM
Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

Carfreak

Former Motor City Region & CLC member Carl Dawes passed away this week.  He was also active in VMCCA, Nash, Buick and several other clubs. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Jim Thomas

Quote from: homeonprunehill on March 14, 2010, 03:25:40 PM
LONG TIME CLC MEMBER, CLIC GRAY  CLC 22336, FROM CANADA.  I WAS TOLD BY HIS WIDOW THAT HE PASSED AWAY  IIN JAN. of 2010 I had never met Clic in person. I knew he had his back operated on back in AUG.of 2009. i   had  sold  him a  frount and rear bumper that were from a '38 LAS for his '37 covert ,    I don't know if he had time to install them .     jim   

Jim Thomas