News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking For A 1961 Cadillac Water pump New Replacement

Started by Jack Miller CLC# 24441, March 09, 2010, 01:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Hi All,

I am looking for a new water pump for my 1961 series 62. Does anyone here have a reputable dealer? I know that Kanter has one for $208.00 + $38.00 S&H and a guy on Ebay has them with S&H for $175.00. They look the same from pix, but I can't tell by pix. I have had mine rebuilt  3 times and I am sick of doing this job on my car. I know that they are being re manufactured again. I just wanted some feedback on it maybe a good source with a fair price.

Thanks
Jack

Otto Skorzeny

Contact The Flying Dutchman and Arthur Gould Rebuilders.

Both companies contact information can be found by clicking on the link in my signature.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Dan LeBlanc

If you're referring to Maddog on eBay, his pump is a new casting, 100% brand new pump.  Their part number is WP591.  One other member of the 61-62 Cadillac group has used them with great results.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Hey Dan,

This one is from Falconglobal on Ebay with 19,407 pos feedbacks. The picture is identical of mad dogs but this guy doesn't charge for shipping.
I do not want another rebuild and I do not want to have to do this job for a 5th time. I hope that this will be the last.
For $175 for a brand new core and unit compared to a rebuilt for about the same, I really do not care anymore about original. I care about breaking down on the hwy. I am nearing 60 and I am sick of doing things over and over because of someone saying "I'm sorry, I won't charge you for the 2nd time" My labor is getting harder to do every year  bending over a hood. I manage about 1/2 an hr max a day. No more 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Thanks
Jack

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on March 09, 2010, 02:48:44 PM
Contact The Flying Dutchman and Arthur Gould Rebuilders.

Both companies contact information can be found by clicking on the link in my signature.

Thanks but if I can get a good new unit I am going that way.

Tod- NTCLC

Someone may correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Falconglobal on E-bay is a group of guys that used to work for Kanter, and they have started their own company.  Most parts are likely sourced from the same suppliers that Kanter uses, but I have noticed that they are generally just a bit less expensive than Kanter.

Again, this may not be correct, but I think that I have seen references to this.

Dan LeBlanc

Jack

I know exactly what you mean - having to do something 3 or 4 times over is annoying.  I learned that lesson a long time a go.  Last time I had to change something, I went new.  It was an alternator for my Grand Marquis - all the used ones I found had more mileage than the one I was replacing, had bad luck with rebuilt in the past, so I went 100% new.  It was twice the price, but at least I knew what I had.  With rebuilt, I find you never know what you're going to get.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Quote from: Tod- NTCLC on March 10, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
Someone may correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Falconglobal on E-bay is a group of guys that used to work for Kanter, and they have started their own company.  Most parts are likely sourced from the same suppliers that Kanter uses, but I have noticed that they are generally just a bit less expensive than Kanter.

Again, this may not be correct, but I think that I have seen references to this.

If that is true, Kanter gets $208.00 + $38.00 S&H (to me) = $246.00. This guy falconglobal got me the water pump, delivered for $174.76. A savings of $71.24 on one part is a lot of money.

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on March 10, 2010, 12:18:43 PM
Jack

I know exactly what you mean - having to do something 3 or 4 times over is annoying.  I learned that lesson a long time a go.  Last time I had to change something, I went new.  It was an alternator for my Grand Marquis - all the used ones I found had more mileage than the one I was replacing, had bad luck with rebuilt in the past, so I went 100% new.  It was twice the price, but at least I knew what I had.  With rebuilt, I find you never know what you're going to get.

Dan,

This will be the 4th time on this water pump. The water pump takes quite a bit more time than an alternator. (especially on this Cadillac)  I wish that is was the generator and not the water pump. I hope that this will be it and not go for #5, That's why I bought a new one.