News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Biarritz Lower Windshield Molding Replacement

Started by alanwjack, March 11, 2010, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanwjack

I just had the windshield replaced on my '57 Eldorado Biarritz and I'm having a debate with the glass installer about the placement of the lower windshield molding.  He reinstalled the lower stainless molding so that it rests on top of the chrome windshield wiper transmission escutcheon.  It overlaps the escutcheon about 1/8th of an inch.  I think it should be below the escutcheon, but I'm not sure.  Otherwise it rides high with at least a 1/4 to 3/8th inch gap below.  Can anyone enlighten me as to the correct fit?  Thanks very much, Alan
Alan W Jackson

Otto Skorzeny

The washer things are on top the molding on my '56.

Common sense dictates its installation this way as reversing it leaves a gap below the molding where it goes over the escutcheon.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

alanwjack

I could not agree more!  I go back into "battle" with the installer today so it is good to have at least one data point I can cite.  Thanks again, Alan
Alan W Jackson

Otto Skorzeny

Look through your computer for pictures of your car and see if you can blow them up sufficiently to see the washer nozzles.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

alanwjack

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on March 12, 2010, 09:26:38 AM
Look through your computer for pictures of your car and see if you can blow them up sufficiently to see the washer nozzles.

Thanks for the suggestion Otto.  Will do.  Regards, Alan
Alan W Jackson