News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Underseat Heater Identification

Started by Bob Schuman, March 12, 2010, 04:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Schuman

Can someone identify an underseat heater that I have. It is a Harrison Model VH-195-L. Supposedly for 41 Cadillac, it is too large in diameter for the 41. Since Harrison was a GM division, it is probably for a GM car, possibly a later Cadillac.
Bob Schuman,CLC#254
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Greg 18360

I  think 41 heaters  are UH451 L or r.
                    GREG

J. Friedman

Bob,

Is there a number on it that could possibly be a 6 or 7 digit Cadillac part number.  My Master Parts List has all the heaters listed for 41-55, but by part number and not by Harrison model number.

Jay

Warren Rauch

I found an 4-15-52 Harrison catalog, it tells a different story . First your number must be UH-195 L (UH=underseat Heater),there is no VH. The catalog says   UH-195 (CAd# 3116372)  fits 41-48 Cadillac std models (not fleetwood, they use UH-196,Cad# 3116375). The L must stand for left, but the number is right & left. They also list underseat heaters for 47-48 , # UH 30-48 std(cad#3120148) and #UH-31-48 Fleetwood Cad# 3120149 & 50).
  My guess is that UH-195 only fits 41-47 and the newer numbers are 1948 only.The second set of numbers on several other heaters appears to be the year of introduction of the part.
  I tried to cross over the Cadillac numbers,but only found packages that included the installation parts,so no matches.Warren

Bob Schuman

Thanks to Warren for adding to my information on this subject. It's still not clear what I have, though.
One coil is in its sheet metal housing, and that has the Harrison nameplate with a model number. "UH" instead of "VH" is probably right as Warren said. I will check that more carefully when I can get at the unit. I have another NOS underseat heater coil without the housing. No GM part numbers are on either one, but the bare one measures 13-1/2"OD x 8-1/2"ID x 1-1/2" high, the same as the one in the housing. The underseat heaters in my 41 are smaller than that, at least as well as can be measured in the car.
The bare NOS coil is in a box from Chevrolet Parts, and the box label shows part #250636. The coil may or may not be what was originally shipped in that box.
Lots of questions, answers are elusive. That's part of the fun of living with these old toys.
Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5