News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I can't find a rear transmission mount...

Started by Carl Johnson, March 23, 2010, 07:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Johnson

Hello,
      I am trying to locate a rear transmission mount for my 1966 Eldorado convertible.  I believe it would be the same on used in a Deville or any other model in 1966.  The vulcanized rubber has come off mine, and it sends a vibration through the whole car.  Does anyone have any leads?

Thanks so much!
    Carl Johnson
    (503)319-2886 
    Member #6112

Chris Conklin

You need to have it "re-vulcanized". That's the least expensive option, around $95 or so, not sure. But you'll be out of commission for a couple weeks. They pop-up on eBay, there's been one listed regularly for $195. Try Cadillac Tim, http://www.cadillactim.com/, he's usually reasonable and very helpful. If you're lucky you can find a replacement and then keep your old one and have it re-vulcanized and keep it as a back-up. Or sell it and recoup your losses.  ;D
Chris Conklin

Carl Johnson

Chris,

Thank you so much for the information--I've already emailed Tim for a list of parts.  Another nice fellow Club member left me a message last night with a line on a transmission mount, so the situation may not be as hopeless as I was beginning to think.  Thanks again!

Carl Johnson  #6112