News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need photo of runningboard SS strip

Started by Stinson, March 24, 2010, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinson

Hello,
There is a vendor who will make SS strips for running boards for our '37 138 inch wheel base series 75 and 85 sedans. The cost is $325.00 per set having correct ends (one bullet shape and one curved up ?) and pattern. Before I order a set, I would like to see a photo/line drawing to verify that the ends are correct and that the width and shape are correct. If we can provide the vendor the correct pattern he can make them for $325.00 per set, but you will have to purchase your own mounting clips from another source.
Thank you for your help,
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Tom Kelly

Ty, yes you are right, they are "bullet shaped on one end (front) and curved up on the other end. I'm at work now but I seem to remember that they are 7/8" wide but I will have to check. On my car I have one good one and one made-up junk on the other side. Mine would be shorter than yours. I was going to order a set also. In fact I was tring to find the old post about this when I ran into this post. What was the company's name?

35-709

Northfield Forming, you can now find it on Otto's list.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Stinson

Quote from: Tom Kelly on March 29, 2010, 12:33:45 PM
Ty, yes you are right, they are "bullet shaped on one end (front) and curved up on the other end. I'm at work now but I seem to remember that they are 7/8" wide but I will have to check. On my car I have one good one and one made-up junk on the other side. Mine would be shorter than yours. I was going to order a set also. In fact I was tring to find the old post about this when I ran into this post. What was the company's name?

Sorry Tom, took me some time to find Geoff's original posting.

http://northfield-forming.com/index.html

Ty

Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330