News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1954 Series 62 Door Locked

Started by Greg Powers, April 06, 2010, 05:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Powers

I am bit embarrased to ask, but how do you unlock a rear door on a 1954 Series 62 Sedan when the lock button will not release the lock and the exterior door handle button will not spring out. Someone tried to lock the door and close it with the outer door handle button depressed and the sure enough the door locked, but now it won't do anything. I know how to work on the door and it's inner components, but only when the door is open. Please help me get out of the backseat!-Greg
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

Otto Skorzeny

You're going to have to slim-Jim it or take the door panel off and do it from the inside. Unfortunately with the door shut you probably can't get the panel off. Slim-Jim it is.

I have one and will photograph it for you if need be. You can try a coat hanger but a slim-Jim style device is easier to use with less risk of messing up the window rubber.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE