News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'75 eldorado upper interior vinyl

Started by J, April 11, 2010, 09:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

I have a guy to redo my upper vinyl of my door panels and rears i got my door panels off how do you get the rear uppers off? without breaking anything thank you Jessie
Cadillac got me!!!

TJ Hopland

Just curious whats it going to cost you? 

I have had a few shops look and they pretty much dont want to do them because of the odd curves and shape so the price is pretty high.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

J

I know a guy who does these and other cars all the time he is auctully a clothing maker whos been doing this on the side since the early 70's for me its $100 plus Material ( i have saw Gucci,Louis Vuitton etc..) but i just want red  i need to take them to him he is 79 years young
Cadillac got me!!!

Ted in Olympia WA

To get them off there is a long narrow molding at the bottom of the panel.  On one end is a screw, take this out.  Then with a small hammer and block of wood slide the molding either forward or rearward (I can't remember right now what way but it will move pretty easy).  Once you remove the molding you will see some screws under to remove.  Roll down the window all the way, take off the lock cap, and them push up on the panel until it comes loose and out.

What color are your panels.

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

J

Thank you ted  color is red/oxblood
Cadillac got me!!!

76eldo

I had the upper door panels re-done on a 77 Eldorado.  You can't get the puckered material, but you can get a 100% match for the lower door panel material.  i paid about $220.00, and i took the inserts out of the car.

Not too difficult to do.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

J

wow I looked at the date and its been over a month and havent been driving my convertible in this nice sunny weather due to no door panels however i am getting them back today and what took so long was the guy ordered the exact match for them so it wasn't his fault  i did take pictures i need to upload them to show the process of removing and preparing to get them done.  saved alot of money doing it myself  can't wait to put them back on ;D ;D ;D, Jessie
Cadillac got me!!!