News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 accelerator/gas pedal weather protector??

Started by J. Gomez, May 17, 2010, 02:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Gomez

Finally I'm seeing some progress in getting the pieces back together. One item in question is the accelerator/gas pedal.

When I removed the pedal  the "S" hook on the pedal that connects the throttle linkage there was no gasket, rubber boot, or weather/slush protector inside or outside, you could see the pedal swivel base from under the car. I was not able to find any reference in the shop manual or MPL indicating one was available. However, in the June 1956 Serviceman Page 35 indicates removal of the slush deflector.  ???

I would imagine that some type of protector would need to be there i.e. rubber boot or something similar, but I can't seem to find any reference or what one should look like.

Any help details, picture, etc would be appreciated it.   
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Roger Zimmermann

Hi Jose

"However, in the June 1956 Serviceman Page 35 indicates removal of the slush deflector."

The slush deflector is a sheet metal part which is attached to the engine at top and tranmission oil pan at the bottom. It's not a gasket but just a protection agains stones, cats, and step-mothers you could drive over.

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

J. Gomez

Roger,

Thanks for the information..!

I may need to make one since there are some wild crazy critters do to massive construction. My mother-in-law is 3K miles away, so no problem there..!  ;D
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Roger Zimmermann

My '56 de Ville is missing that plate; therefore, I'm looking where I'm driving!
As a matter of facts, depending where you are driving, debris could get entrapped between floor, gas pedal rod or transmission rod.

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

J. Gomez

Roger,

Thanks..!

Finding any reference or pictures on this panel/protector maybe impossible..! I would suspect these were prone to be damage and/or deteriorated and eventually removed during maintenance and never replaced.

At least with your info I could see if I can rig one up. I will need to put that on my to-do list, new page # 2351..!   ;D
J. Gomez
CLC #23082