News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

65 Convertible Roof latch

Started by Matt B #26021, May 24, 2010, 07:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt B #26021

My 65 Deville has top that looks to be solid and lines up. The place where it slides into on the windshield and latches is visibly broken off. Has anyone encountered this? What can be done?

Also, while I am on the subject, where is the motor for the top. I have not searched inside the car much and thought Id ask first. Is the system complicated?
Member #26021      1965 Cadillac Deville Convertible. Currently in the beginning stages of making her roadworthy. Any parts or info would be much appreciated.

Otto Skorzeny

The first thing you need to do is purchase a shop manual on ebay. You should be able to get one for $30 or less.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

The top motor and reservoir are a single unit, in the trunk, up at the back, in the centre, behind the rear seat bracket.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Matt B #26021

Otto- Ordered it yesterday. Im awaiting the package

Bruce- Thanks for the helpful info

Member #26021      1965 Cadillac Deville Convertible. Currently in the beginning stages of making her roadworthy. Any parts or info would be much appreciated.