News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

55 Meteor back on the chassis

Started by Brett Cottel, May 24, 2010, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Cottel

Hey guys, got the "hood" back on the chassis....as my 9 year old would say.......actually pretty easy...went fast & no dropped car to deal with.  Body guy has done the 2 front fenders and has the back doors now.....got all the doors and the dash from the sandblaster...finally...and sanded, primed them, and now just finished undercoating the body, now to paint the interior final coat before starting the wiring harnesses.  Fun, fun, fun seeing the car back on the chassis!!!!!! >:D

Brett

1955 Cadillac Meteor Combination Coach
CLC #27535
Pic's at http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/brettcottel/

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looking good.

Those Fork Lifts come in handy.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

With the length of the wheelbases in these vehicles, the exhaust is so long you wouldn't need much more than those to keep her quiet ;)

Bruce.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Brett Cottel

Yep, cherries......I am waiting for my carb from Daytona Parts so I can listen and eval the glasspacks.....figure if I don't like em I can change anytime at those prices.  I did relocate the mufflers further back in the chassis because the originals were mounted directly under the front seats in a boxed portion of the frame. Loud and Hot. Moved them back to help with that and keep the heat down as well.  I'll just have to wait to see how the motor sounds with these puny sound dampeners.....Originally had resonators after the muff's so this might sound a little throatier......
Brett
CLC #27535

35-709

You need to recheck your Shop Manual, Brett, the steering wheel doesn't belong in front of the radiator.  Most probably wouldn't notice but stuff like that jumps right out at me.

;D  Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Brett Cottel

You are a scurvy dog... :o......yes, that was the rigged wheel for driving fun but all the wiring was still attached so I just swung it forward...gotta take that off & leave the gauges for testing the carb...when I can get the thing back from the rebuilder!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brett
CLC #27535