News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Flintstone Floor

Started by Carmambo, June 02, 2010, 11:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmambo

Hi I have just purchased a 1959 series 62 convertible and the floor is Carpet rotted behined the driver side, and will need a replacement panel. Has anyone used the c2c floor panels.  They don't look like perfect reproductions, and I wonder if I will spend as much time trimming than either replacing with flat stock?
C.F.

rwchatham CLC 21892

Hello, I dont know how bad your floors are but I have a beautiful set of floors and rockers out of a 1960 four door available. It is a complete floor pan from the cowl to the start of the trunk. $800. Thanks
R. Waligora

Dan LeBlanc

I used C2C for the floor panels for my 1961 Fleetwood 60 Special.  I bought the two front floor pans and one rear pan.  The rear didn't fit as well as the front, but in all, wasn't bad.  I didn't use the entire sections for the front and they are not exact reproductions.  Since my car is a driver, they more than serve the purpose.  Once everything is all seam-sealed and undercoated, shouldn't be able to tell that much at all.

I ordered on line and they had them in Maine for me to pick up within 3 days.  Shipping was only about $20 from Michigan to Maine for all three sections.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

mb

This is to the gentleman that posted he had the 1960 floors. Where are you located ?

rwchatham CLC 21892

The floor pan is located in Michigan. I do have a friend that drives a truck to PA and NJ weekly if that helps.
R. Waligora

Carmambo

Sorry guys this is the first time (beleive it or not) that I have posted on a forum.  Hopefully I got this right.  I did purchase the C2C restoration panel just to try on the worst part (drivers rear) and just as I thought awfully crude panel but price is right.  I was hoping for a more authentic look though. My floors are actually very good just pin holes among strong metal.  The worst is the drivers side rear, there is a hole through "X" frame tunnel about the size of a softball.  I have to admit I find it amazing the lack of repop parts for the 59 and 60 cadillacs. It seems we are limited to finding old sheet metal. I just finished a 40 ford convert, and a 62 thunderbird sport roadster and I could buy just about the whole car(s) from a catalog however I allways wanted a 59 convert and thought it would be the same.  Boy! do I have my work cut out for me.  Will the 4 door floor be similar if so I live in Mpls MN maybe your freind can give me a quote or are you going to Iola WI I could pick up.  I also need lower quarter(S) they are only rotted just enough to destroy the lower fin at the seam I could bend some sheet metal but there is an awful lot of contours right at that point.
C.F.

Otto Skorzeny

Millions of Fords were produced and hundreds of thousands survive. Therefore there is enough demand for repops.

Cadillac production probably didn't reach 200,000 for all models in 1959 and 1960 combined. How many are left and being restored? Not enough to make it commercially viable to produce large sheet metal parts.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

rwchatham

The floors will fit a 2 door, all the right creases and indentations. The car came from seattle, they are very nice, perfect to restore a convertible the right way. I can talk to him about delivery but if he is not heading that way, uship is the way to go. On uship you list what you have to be moved and tell what you are willing to pay. If someone is heading that way they contact you and pick up the load. It is a very inexpensive way to move odd sized items. If you contact me I can send you some photos of them. rwchathamemail addresses not permitted