News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Coupe mystery part ID?

Started by carguyblack, June 02, 2010, 11:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Could someone tell me where these stainless straps get put back on my car?
Additionally, I also have 2 open screw holes on each door hinge side where the power window wires run into the door that don't have anything over them. It seems to me that there is a plate or cover of some type that goes over this area. Can anyone shoot a photo of your hinge side of the door on the inner body panel (cowl side)? Thanks for your help again!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Charlie Petty

Are you sure those straps came out of your car?  I've been most everywhere in my CdV and I don't recall seeing those.   

Regarding the screw holes, my two '56s have the same holes.  Maybe a plate goes there if the car has manual windows. 

carguyblack

Interesting about the hole! That makes sense to me. As far as the straps go, I sure thought so. They have been with this car's parts for the last 8 years and I haven't work on anything else.
It's weird because so far, no one else has recalled seeing them on their cars either. My car is an a/c car. Would that make any difference to anyone? Nothing is blatantly missing that I can tell now that it is assembled.  Thanks for the reply! Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Otto Skorzeny

Chuck,

Those metal things mount no the doors on the upper outside edge (latch edge) of each about an inch from the top of the door.

One end fits BEHIND the upholstered door panel.

My camera is broken so I can't send a photo
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE