News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

High beam problems in my 1960 Coupe deVille

Started by CNF, June 02, 2010, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNF

I recently purchased a 1960 Coupe deVille and have been working on it.  There is a an electrical problem that I need help on.  When I turn the headlights from low beam to high beam, the second headlight (high beam)  lights for a second and then shuts off.  I don't have the Phototube Unit on the dash but there is a Amplifer Unit behind the front left kick plate. The dash looks nice, like it was recently recovered, and I was wondering if the Previous Owner may have just removed the Phototube and left the other controls.  If that is the case, how can I make the high beams stay on?   

Thanks in advance.

Dan LeBlanc

Lift up the carpet, unhook the three prong plug from the dash harness that goes to the Autronic eye box, unhook the wiring from the dimmer switch, and hook the dash wiring harness directly to the dimmer switch.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

CNF

It worked!!!   Thanks.   I did have to build a pig-tail to make the electrical connection.