News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

!970 A/c Power Servo

Started by John Bezik #15976, June 06, 2010, 06:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Bezik #15976

Help,I took the vacuum valve in the Power servo apart the resurface the 2 halves.when I took off the top of the valve to take it apart the arm and the spring where laying in the bottom of the case.I looked in the shop manual and there is nothing that shows where the arm hooks to.Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the inside of the power servo???HELP!!!John

R. Scot Minesinger

I feel your pain.  There are so many times that I had to go to a show and ask a fellow 1970 Cadillac owner to raise the hood so I could just look at something.  Anyway I have a 1970 Cadillac with wonderfully working climate control.  My e-mail is rscotm@cox.net.  E-mail if you do not have the answer by now and I will take it apart and photograph it for you.

Thanks,

Scot

John Bezik #15976

Wow Scott,that is really great of you.Lets see if someone else can help before going further.I don't want you to take apart your car just yet!!!John

R. Scot Minesinger

John,

It is not that much trouble because I have a spare that is not installed.

I have a question up on the message forum just recently about a 1975 Cadillac fan operation that I'm working on, so if you know anyone or you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.  I have never worked on this year before, but I will get to the bottom of it no matter what.  Just trying to target some more likely causes than check every wire and circuit.

Thanks,

Scot