News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

car cover recommendations?

Started by Kell Oskarsson, June 11, 2010, 11:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kell Oskarsson

All,

I´m thinking about getting a car cover for my prized possession...anyone out there with a strong opinion about which one to pick?

Many thanks!

Kell.
Kell Oskarsson

1968 Sedan de Ville
1979 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan

markl

Kell,
I too am interested in the response from other users of the Forum.  But you might want to refine your query to at least say if it is intended for indoor or outdoor use.  I see you are in Iceland, so maybe it need to be ash-proof!

Mark Lowery, CLC#25216

Otto Skorzeny

Covercraft is probably the best source for car covers. They have specific patterns for individual models of virtually any year. They will custom make one for you if they don't have a pattern on file.

They a half dozen or so different fabrics to choose from. I use the Technalon Noah fabric and it's durable and fits perfectly . Guaranteed for 5 years. They are made in Texas but sold through a wide network of auto accessory companies.

If you can't find a company that carries a pattern for your car, contact Covercraft directly and they will help you locate one. They do not sell them from the factory. Their customer service is very good. 

I bought my '56 cover from  www.carcovermania.com

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Kell Oskarsson

Mark,

the one I´m thinking of is for indoor use, but should be able to withstand the occasional splash of water. Otto - I´ll check out Covercraft.

Many thanks.

Kell.
Kell Oskarsson

1968 Sedan de Ville
1979 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan

Otto Skorzeny

That's what  I like about the Noah fabric, it repels a lot of water. If it does soak through it evaporates very fast and wicks it off the car.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

David Greenburg

I really like the Canvas Shoppe (in Michigan- www.skiboatcovers.com).  They will do custom things like reinforcing the portions that cover the fins on my '59, which are real good at ripping holes in a cover.  I've gotten flannel covers from them for indoor storage, but I imagine they do other types as well.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special