News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 Cadillac Brougham wheels

Started by lstelling48, June 18, 2010, 02:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lstelling48

I have been told that in late 58, it became optional to have the turbine hubcap that was an option in 59 instead of the full turbine wheel.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Thank you.

Lance Stelling

David King (kz78hy)

I've never heard that one before.  I doubt it as well.  Morgan Murphy had car 702 w/turbine wheels and that car was very original.

My 2 cents.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

veesixteen

I doubt it too.  Still, I know of at least one 1957 Eldorado Brougham, in Switzerland [#247], where the owner took the cast alloy wheels off his Brougham and put them on his '59 Series 62 convertible, and then put the regular iron wheels on the Brougham, adding a set of "turbine blade" Fleetwood wheel discs for realism.  The difference could be seen in the central crest enmblem ("red" on the Brouham, "white" on the discs). At latest news, that car appears to have been fitted again with the correct wheels.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

David King (kz78hy)

No doubt there are many cars using the wheel covers instead of the Turbine wheels.  Car 420 in the Technik  museum in Sinsheim Germany has the turbine wheel covers.  There are lots of Sabres out there also, but I think any changes when new were done at the dealer.  It could be possible that a SO might have had Sabres, but the turbine wheel covers came during next years model, so I do not think that would be possible to get. 

It would interesting to see documentation of a SO car w/Sabres.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter