News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Repro Vs - Buyer Beware

Started by Michael Brittan CLC #2750, June 21, 2010, 03:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Brittan CLC #2750

As my '57 was due to go for a repaint, I purchased front and rear reproduction Vs.  When the body shop eventually tried to mount them, it was found that they did not match the profiles of the hood and trunk lid.  Eyeballing the Vs showed that one of the arms of the V was straight (and therefore would not match the contour of the panel) while the other arm was curved, so no wonder they did not fit.  Obviously, quality control is not a strong point of the manufacturer.  Since I returned the Vs to the parts supplier outside of the 30-day return period, I was charged a restocking fee, even though I had sent an accompanying letter explaining clearly why the parts were defective.  I checked with the comnpany to confirm that the parts had been restocked.  It's conceivable that the parts I had purchased were from stock that had previously been found defective by another buyer and had been returned at least once before.  Such parts are apparently good for selling and restocking, but not for using.  Whether the Vs marketed by the different Cadillac parts suppliers all come from the same manufacturer I am not sure, but prospective buyers of these parts need to be wary. 
M Brittan

Jeff Maltby 4194

Welcome to the Cadillac Masters of Reproduction over the years (they know it all ???) . We should all bought 40's-50's Chevy's, where you can get anything you need per factory specs all these years later. ~:<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500