News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

48 dash

Started by Dan Lough, June 26, 2010, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Lough

Dash on my 48 sedanette needs refinishing. Apparently the original was a decal over paint called Di-noc. 3M now makes a peel and stick product with the same name. Looks very plastic to me, though I await a gloss  sample. Is the original Di-noc available ? do I just bite the bullet and get it " woodgrained" ---- I think mine is really " leathergrained "

Herman

The DiNoc transfer is no longer available made by 3M.  The dash including the horseshoe speedo/guage assembly was originally painted a semi-gloss black if a convertible and the DiNoc (which was clear with the leather grain spots on it) was applied.  There is a company back East called Forrest automotive which has the exclusive right to a Japanese product that can replicate the leather grain appearance.  They did my dash, speedo and garnish moldings on a 48 Convertible and I believe it was as close to correct as possible.  Try to Goggle them and if to no avail I will try to locate an invoice with their information.

Herman

Herman clc#19416

In followup to my previous to you....Forrest Automotive can bo anything to your dash in the way of graining...
Forrest Automotive  57884 County Rd #3...Elkhardt In 46517   (574 522 7472)  They might have moved or disappeared as this was of 2004 but good hunting..

Herman