News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1972 Cadillac scene in the movie Foul Play.

Started by Davidinhartford, June 26, 2010, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Just a great moment in a funny movie.

Chevy Chase is a detective.   He and Goldie Hawn are trying to prevent the visiting Pope from being assasinated while attending an Opera in San Fransisco.    They need a car and "borrow" an airport limousine.

Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU8qOagfn-E

The Tassie Devil(le)

Notice the Chassis bent at the firewall when it landed after the big jump, then the next shot, the chassis is straight?   Wonder how many cars they went through before they got the "take" they wanted?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Davidinhartford

They could have filmed the big jump scene last i guess.     Still, gotta love the roar of the big 472 and seeing that big heavy car spin around those intersections.  Not to mention jumping across those SF intersections.    It's a cheesey comedy, but has some great actors/actresses in it.   I bought a copy on DVD to watch as a guilty pleasure.    There is a similar scene earlier in the movie using a 74 Towncar.

bcroe

Shades of Bull*TT.  Those old cars could move.  Bruce Roe

Gergely Szentmartony 25603

If you scroll down here (http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_161831-Cadillac-Fleetwood-75-1972.html) you can see how heavily the chassis bent.
It's terrible to see indeed.
"Brougham - For all the reasons you have ever wanted a Cadillac"

www.cadillaclasalle.hu

Rich S

This is a great scene! If you look at the images, the chase begins and ends with a 1972 Cadillac Series Seventy-Five Sedan and the jump shots feature a 1971 Cadillac Series Seventy-Five car (there are no rocker moldings, etc.) It reminds me of a re-run of The Rockford Files that I recently caught on Retro TV network--and Tom Selleck guest starred and drove a 1973 Eldorado Convertible that eventually is in a chase scene! A few days later, I watched another episode of The Rockford Files where the antagonist had a then "new" 1974 Eldorado Convertible--and it appeared in several shots both parked and driving, and the car looked great! These huge vehicles (especially Cadillacs) made for great motion picture scenes! (Jim's Firebird Esprit Coupe looked cool, too!)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Otto Skorzeny

"White On White and Nearly Perfect" was the title of that episode.

I like when the bad guy was telling a henchman how to find Rockford and White (Sellick): "You can't miss him. He drive a white parade float!"

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

okccadman

The Rockford Files had lots of great Cadillacs, including my former 74 Eldorado coupe in the background of one shot.  The original owner was a propmaster at the studio.  The wealthy bad guys always had a cool Fleetwood Broughams or Seventy Fives as well as an occassional Continental.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

okccadman

And Angel always had a worn out Cadillac Convertible as well.  a 59 Series 62 or 65 DeVille depending on the season
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Otto Skorzeny

Right. At the time they (the 59s) were considered obnoxious and ostentatious -  a joke car for a joke character.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Davidinhartford

Some of the Columbo episodes had some great Cadillacs and lincolns too.    I recall one episide with Johnny Cash where he drove a 72 Eldorado convertible.