News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 sedannette trunk lock

Started by mario, June 29, 2010, 12:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

gentlemen:

how is the trunk handle lock cylinder removed from the handle. i have a new one to install and it appears to be more difficult than the ignition switch!!!
any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
ciao,
mario

herman

Contact Jay Freidman of the 49ers.  There was an article in the 49 Times publication which explains the removal and Jay will be able to send you a reprint, I think

Herman

vicbrincat

Herman,

Is the Sedannette trunk lock and handle the same as ours? If so,  I would like to get a copy of the article as well.

Vic

mario

hi herman:
thanks for the suggestion. i have emailed him that question. will post his reply.
ciao,
mario

Herman clc#19416

Mario & Vic

Yes the handle lock mechanism is the same for 48/49.  I am sure Jay will be more than happy to respond to your e-mails.  Jay has amassed quite a bit of information on the 49s and as you know most spills back to the 48 with the exception of dash and engine information.  Maybe he will post the article on this board for all to read, it is quite informative.

mario

herman:
thank you for the information re: jay. we have already spoken by email and things are in the works. i am also joining the "49ers" thanks again.
ciao,
mario

mario

herman:
jay is a man of his word. i received the newsletter copy and will attempt to do this in the coming week. thanks for the information.
ciao,
mario