News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

55 Cadillac seat to frame spring

Started by Bob Kielar, July 05, 2010, 04:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

I know I should have taken pictures but it took 5 months to get my seats back. Could someone please verify that this is where this spring goes. It is on a 55 Cadillac Fleetwood with a power seat.

Thanks Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Bob Kielar

Please would someone look under there seat and see if this spring is in the correct position. Thanks Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Bob,

I have a 1956 w/power seats and the setup is totally different. According to the MPL the same setup is use in 1954 and 1955 models, so someone with this option should be able to help you.

Also in looking at the picture the large tension spring is shown on the inside and the smaller is on the outside. Maybe the “L” bracket would go toward the rear to hook up the large tension spring, just a wild guest.  ??? The smaller spring seems to be hook up to a retainer 34.0323 on the side rail.  ???

Sorry if I make it more complicated.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082