News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

DuPont paint chip and color formulas book from 1932-1941 - useful to anyone?

Started by Jim Beard, July 17, 2010, 09:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Beard

When I got my LaSalle I got a bunch of literature with it. I have an original DuPont paint chip and color formula book that covers 1932-1941 cadillac and lasalle. I also have a bunch of original cadillac serviceman documents from the year 1940, they are very interesting reading. I was wondering if these would be of any use to anybody. I am not interested in selling them but would make copies of pages or lend them out.

Tom Magdaleno

A good resource online for paint chip scans is http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclns.html But I noticed they only have 32, and 39-41 in the years you mentioned.  Maybe you could loan it to them to scan. 
http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1939-cadillac-pg01.jpg
Tom
'38 Cadillac V16
'71 Buick Riviera
'65 Chevy Truck
'56 Packard Super Clipper

william_b_noble

somewhere, I have the one page that covers 1936, but the paint stores don't use the same tints any more so it is easier to just page through their books until you find a color to your liking - for my '36, I ended up using a Volvo color, it's nearly identical

that said, scanning the pages and posting PDFs could be helpful to many
Bill N - clc # 2371

Wade Tibbitts

I have recently started "the process" on the 1934 LaSalle, and would be particularly interested in seeing a scan of the 1934 paint chips/colors, as the car was repainted sometime in the early 60s.  I think the color chips would be useful to many of us with the odd years not covered in the color library.  Good Stuff!
1934 LaSalle Convertible Coupe
1956 Chevrolet Bel-Air 2dr Hardtop

Jim Beard

I am planning on doing some high resolution scans of these books and posting them. Where should I have them posted so everyone can use them?