News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Carpet serging - correct pattern for 1941 convertible coupe

Started by Scott Anderson CLC#26068, July 09, 2010, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Hello,

This is a partial cross-post from the General Discussion forum, hoping that it is the right thing to do. My post was in looking for a recommendation for carpet vendors for my car that have the end serging done in a correct pattern (http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,111367.0.html).

My reason for posting here is to ask what the correct patterns were - I find variability in the different cars I find online (two photos attached in that post have different patterns for example). I'm completely new to this car so don't have the experience to tell me and while it's on 'the list' to obtain an Authenticity Manual I have not yet gotten one.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice or thoughts.
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Scott: As far as I can determine from looking at original 41-62 series cars, the front floor carpet mat is attached to a rubber backing which you can see in the pictures below. These front carpet mat pictures are from an original 41-62 sedan with original interior. My Master Body Parts book shows no difference in the front floor carpet mat for any 41- 62 series car. It was offered in 3 colors, Blue-Gray, Tan or Green. A footnote said "Trim excess rubber as required. I think about 10 years ago at Hershey I asked Jenkins if he could reproduce these mats as original and I believe he said it was cost prohibitive. Maybe he is now making the mats. As some one said in your other posting, talk with Jenkins in NC. he makes a good product.  What you are seeing on floor mats in the two pictures you posted are individual trimmers way of making a 41 front floor mat. When I did my 47 I had the trimmer split the carpet vertically over the hump to make it easier to pull half the carpet back to get to the dip stick for the hydramatic. Most trimmers will bind the carpet with leather to match the seats. Have fun with your 41, great car.

Bill Ingler #7799

Here are the other two pictures.

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Bill,

Thank you very much for your time in replying to me. Great information and I really appreciate being able to see the original carpet itself in addition.

- Scott
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Scott,
You got good info on both of your posts. However, the carpets were also available in red & black.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

srk1941

Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658