News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Best place to have a fuel tank reconditioned?

Started by Jim Beard, July 13, 2010, 08:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Beard

I need to have my 40' LaSalle's fuel tank reconditioned. Anybody have any recommendations?

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Jim Beard

Jim Stamper

I have had two tanks done by them at their upstate New York locations. 27 LaSalle and 40 Lincoln. Great results. do any dent removing or whatever before you send it or be sure to ask them to do what you want specifically and be sure the wish list is attached to the tank.

Jim Beard

Thanks for the help. I brought my tank to the Addison IL location of Tank renu. They were very knowledgable about the old tanks and told me $250 and 4 days to do it. I called a different location first that was a little closer and they could not even tell me how much it would cost. That made me think they had not worked on many old tanks.

Otto Skorzeny

You can't beat the price. hat's less than it would cost for a new tank if they were available. I've never used them but know people who have and they are really happy. I've used the sloshing compound on an otherwise clean tank to take care of pinhole leaks and have had good success.

With really bad tanks I think Tank Renu is the way to go.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Misfit

My local radiator shop did mine. Put it in the hot tank, cleaned it up and coated the inside with sealer. Sand blasted and painted the outside too. Like new.

That was 5 or 6 years ago. No problems and only a $100

Fins

brian faull clc#25881

I use a place near Pittsburgh called Moyers fuel tank renu. They do excellent work.

http://www.gas-tank.com/
brian faull clc#25881