News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hubcap Medallion ID help

Started by harvey b, July 15, 2010, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey b

Hi All,i have a pair of hubcap medallions for sale on Ebay,ithought they were for the 41-49 caps,a buyer told me they fit 54-55 caps,anyone know for sure what they fit?,dont want to misrepresent them ???  pics are below any help is greatly appreciated. I was going by the part number on the little bag one of them came in Thanks Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

harvey b

Another picture,cant seem to send 2 at a time?
Harvey Bowness

Otto Skorzeny

Those are indeed 1954/55 hubcap medallions - missing all their paint, of course.

McVey's sells new ones for about $40 or so each if that helps you price them.

1941 -52 is similar. Same shield, different background.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

harvey b

Thanks Forrest,i bought them at coopers last spring when i was there,i was hoping they would fit my 37,look identical,except they are bigger?,anyway i would sell them for 30.00 for the pair+ shipping.or trade them for 1 good one to fit a 37 caddy,i need 1 for my front bumper,they are the same as the hubcap ones.shipping should be cheap,they could go in a envelope or very small packet.  Thanks Harvey b
Harvey Bowness

Otto Skorzeny

Yes, they are about an inch or so in diameter larger than the 37.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Bruce Berghoff-#1476

Harvey... I think you will find the medallion for your bumper plate will have to have the back tabs located at NW, NE, SE, and SW , whereas most of the hubcap medallions had their tabs located at N,E, S, and W positions. When McVey and some of the other reproducers started making them they got wise and made them all fit the bumper plates, consequently they also all worked fine on the hubcaps and wheelcovers. Beware...or you will end up with lots of spare wheel medallions , and no emblems to fit your bumper plates ( unless you want to carefully slit some more holes in your bumper plates ? ) . bb