News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 cadillac brake power booster

Started by brian faull clc#25881, July 26, 2010, 08:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian faull clc#25881

Does anyone know what the original finish for a moraine style brake power booster should be. I was not sure if it should be painted black, or if it should have a plated finish of some sort. Thanks, Brian. 412 952 6027.
brian faull clc#25881

Misfit

I read somewhere, not sure where at the moment, but the Delco, had the Cadmium finish look to it, and the Moraine style was painted black.

Fins

Correction: Bendix was the one painted Black.

cadman59

In '59 the Bendix was black, the Moraine was cad-plated.
They also look different, see the pictures below.

Feiko
Feiko Kuiper - Netherlands (Europe)

1959 Cadillac Series SixtyTwo 6-Window Sedan
https://instagram.com/feikokuiper

Bob S

Hi All,
The plating that is left non my Delco-Moraine booster is gold in color.  I beleive the Bendix is black paint.
Cheers,
Bob

Misfit

My bad......I called it a Moraine instead of a Bendix. Sorry for the screw up in wording.

Fins

brian faull clc#25881

Thanks everyone, I sent it to booster dewey and he said bendix black. moraine plated. Thanks agin. Brian.
brian faull clc#25881