News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac/LaSalle valve spring retainers and keepers

Started by jpm123, July 26, 2010, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpm123

I have a problem that I hope someone may be able to help with.  The machinist who is rebuilding my motor says that some of the valve spring retainers and keepers are no good, and he has not been able to find those parts anywhere.  He sent me two of the good ones to see if we could have them made, but we are finding that that is a much more difficult task than anticipated.

does anyone know where I can get valve spring retainers and keepers for a 1927 LaSalle 303 motor.  The Cadillac and LaSalle Master Parts List indicates that these parts are the same for many other Cadillacs and LaSalles of that era.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Micciche
John Micciche CLC #25658

Dennis Riordan CLC 23308

John,

On October 23, 2006 I posted a request on this website for a source for Valve Spring Retainers and Valve Keepers for my 1933 Cadillac V-8. CLC member Paul Ayers responded and suggested that I contact Egge Machine company.  I can't recall if I used Egge as a source but Egge's phone number is 800 866-3443 and Egge is located in Santa Fe Springs, California.  Egge.com.

Regards,

Dennis Riordan
CLC 23308
Dennis Riordan
CLC 23308

jpm123

Thanks for the suggestion, but Egge doesn't have them.
John Micciche
John Micciche CLC #25658