News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

90-92 fleetwood brougham parts

Started by JerRita, July 27, 2010, 09:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerRita

Over the last 2 weeks I have been frustrated by parts for one of my 91 Broughams  First I needed an evaporator core we located 7 in America priced from 290- 568 dollars then I needed a temprature sensor thats under the hood next to the evaporator New from Caddy it lists for $41  found prices from $69 to 264 apparently many parts are specific to these cars We tried cross referenceing the GM and Delco # Why do they engineer cars this way Frustrated in NYC
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Guidematic

Yes, many parts are specific to these cars. The ECC is unique to the Brougham.

However I would question that the evaporator is unique. Perhaps you could try cross referencing the part number with other GM B.C and D cars 1980-1992.

The sensor is unique' though. Other divisions used a pressure sensor in the low side.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

TJ Hopland

I suppose since the rest of the cars went round body in 91 the 91-92-93 cad may be unique for those years.    You would think that it would be the same as the earlier square bodies.   That late there was just the Caprice and the full size wagons, the Electra, Caprice, and Custom Cruiser.  Roadmaster did not appear till 91 and it was a round body just like everything except the caddy.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Greg Powers

This is an age old problem with automobiles, especially in the "modern" era which continues until today.  The problem is those who design don't have to work on the vehicles.  Often the same year and type vehicle use different parts based upon trim level (EX, DX, LX, etc.) and even production date. At present there are still some salvage facilities and even CLC members parting out these cars, a help for some of the more obscure or vehicle specific items. I wish you all the best. I presently own a 1990 Brougham d'Elegance and 1992 Brougham, both with the 5.7 liter engine so I feel your pain.-Greg
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

JerRita

Thanks for your replies Yes I tried to cross reference the evap-core it was only that # I had a similar problem last year with an exhast manifold Driver's side N/G passenger side available all day for cheap prices I love my Broughams I feel like the Neil Young song  'Long may they run"  300K on daily driver 118K on the one I'm savin' JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs