News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Seeking owners of '53 Cadillacs with Dynaflow transmission for article

Started by Brian Laurance, July 26, 2010, 05:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Laurance

I found this on an Oldsmobile forum, and thought I would share it here as well.  I believe that at least one regular member of this forum has a '53 Coupe DeVille with Dynaflow:

QuoteHello all:

I'm a writer for "Cars & Parts" magazine from Amos Press. In addition to full feature articles, I also write the monthly "GM Journal" column.

I just wrote the November "GM Journal" about the Hydramatic plant fire in 1953, and I would like to next column to be about the effect on the cars -- Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles with Dynaflows and Pontiacs with Powerglides.

Does anyone here have a '53 Olds [or Cadillac] with a Dynaflow? I would like to talk with you.

Thanks,

JON
jon@jongrobinson.com
www.jongrobinson.com 

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Brian, I must be the guy your looking for. My car is a 53 Coupe (non DeVille), with the Dynaflow. I will contact the gentleman (Jon) from "Cars & Parts" Magazine. Will be glad to answer his questions.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Brian Laurance

Paul, thank you!  Yes, you're the guy I was thinking of.  We'll be eager to see your car featured in an upcoming article.

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500