News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Eldorado Biarritz restoration exterior color

Started by Anthony, August 08, 2010, 08:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Hello again!
I am restoring a 1959 Eldorado Biarritz, exterior color Argent. (Metallic Silver)
How do I get the correct color?
Is the color 'eye' matched? Is there a formula available somewhere?
Im assuming whatever materials used then have changed, how do I convert 1959 color componets into current day paint technolgy?

I am in Australia so Im not sure if I can just order paint from the US and import it here.

Thanks for any help

Tony

Davidinhartford

I would think any automotive paint supplier should be able to set you up with the correct colour.

Huffstutler

Not sure if this will help with the matching but you will be armed with numbers at least for mixing.

First, the factory color code is 92

The Dupont Color is called Argent Metallic and is a Lucite paint mix... 2814-L  with mixing code 882-91422-L

PPG also had a match calling theirs Argent Poly in their PPG Ditzler Duracryl  number DDL 31653

Hope that helps some?

Eric
Eric Huffstutler