News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Car Shipping

Started by mgbeda, August 11, 2010, 05:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgbeda

Hi Folks,

Does anyone here know of a car shipping company they can recommend from first or second hand experience?  I may need to ship a car from Cleveland to Denver next month and I want to have a shipper I can trust.

Thanks very much,

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

This topic hs been discussed at great length on the forum.

For starters, I suggest you use the "search" function and try "car shipping",
"transport services", etc.

This will give you some good starting info.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Hello Mgbeda

Mike is correct, it has been discussed at great length in the past. I just (last two weeks) shipped my vehicle from Fl to WA. In researching a vendor about a month ago I did the requisite search on the forum, developed a list of potential sources, did web research and all too. One thing you may find is that things do change over time - trucking can be a volatile industry. For example some have gone out of business, some like FedEx / Passport are sold, then resold, etc. So even past posts are limited in their shelf life, so to speak. You may wish to search for my post in the Discussion forum about it. The problem you'll face is that for every 'thumbs up' you'll get a 'thumbs down' and so it comes down to a gamble it seems to me. So while I'm a mostly satisfied customer, I know I could be just as so with another outfit too. Or it could have gone south with this one or a different one, it's almost like choosing a babysitter.

Now, having said all that, my choice ended up being Exotic Auto Transport. They were middle of the road on pricing, and have a good online reputation too but I ended up choosing them based on the endorsement I got from the restorer of my car as well as several positive comments here. The experience wasn't perfect in terms of the office staff's handling of things but once the car got on the truck Monday I had the car Sunday - and that was a day late due to fog in Colorado. Keeping in mind that this is Pebble Beach season (ie all available transport for our type of cars is pretty much dedicated) it's even more remarkable.

HTH
- Scott
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

mgbeda

Thanks for the help.

I have ultimately decided to actually drive the car here.  It's a '75 Buick convertible from my parents now in my brother's care and soon to be in mine.  I have some time just now and it will certainly be an adventure.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)