News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Coker Tires

Started by Rick Biarritz, August 27, 2010, 11:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Biarritz

Anybody know how to get a Coker Tire discount coupon.  They're kind of cagey about the existence of said coupons on their website, which leads me to believe they exist somewhere. 

Thanks.

Richard Ould

Otto Skorzeny

I put 10,000 miles each on 2 sets of Coker Classic bias plys with no problems whatsoever. High speed long distance driving and around town. No balancing issues and nice even wear. I currently have Coker radials on the car and have experienced no problems.

Just relaying my personal experience and not trying to sell anyone on Coker.

It's not as surprising as one might think to have 4 defective tires. They all likely came from the same lot number and likely had sequential serial numbers.  Whatever problem the tire machine was suffering from at the time manifested itself in all the tires made at that time.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Stinson

I agree with the fact that at times a bad mix or whatever can and will happen. When it does, the vendor should know about it, and be willing to resolve the issue. In this case perhaps with new tires if proven to be the cause.

I purchased Italian floor tile for our home, from the front door to the back door, at great cost. The vendor said our dog was scratching at the mortor so the tiles were poping off the floor all over the house, and would not resolve the problem. I complained to the Better Business Bureau and was requested to send photos. The Better Business required the vendor to test the mounting set mix. The setting mix company reported that a major ingrediant had not been properly added to the set mix thus created the problem. The set mix company paid our hotel bill and expenses for 10 days as they removed "all" the Italian tile ($10,000 worth) and installed all new Italian tiles at no cost to us. The set mix company took responsibility for the problem (could be Coker in your case). As for the seller of the tiles, mix and morter, and after many other excuses along the way, when they "required" that we sign a document stating that they would not be liable should this happen again, and that we should not have reported them because in their 40 plus years of doing business this was the first time, I told them that if they had taken the time to help figure out the problem instead of putting it on our dog, ........ and that they could stick their document somewhere where it might do them the most good. Meaning perhaps hang it on their wall.

That person should have reported his problem to Coker.

Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Otto Skorzeny

My mom wrote a letter to Henry Ford II in 1960 when the paint on her new Galaxie started showing little brown rust spots after owning it just 2 months. She got a letter back saying they would strip and repaint the entire car if she took it to the dealer and showed them the letter.

The dealer was horrified that she had not come to them first. She told them that it wasn't their fault that the paint was bad because all they did was sell the car, not build it.

They gave her a loaner for a couple weeks and she got her Galaxie back in perfect condition. She was so impressed that she bought another Galaxie 4 years later.

I wrote a letter to Bridgestone when the first new set of tires I ever bought in my life in the early 90s wore out in only 23,000 miles (was guaranteed for 50,000miles).

They sent me a certificate good for 4 new tires of any brand I wanted from one of their dealers.

Squeaky wheels often do get the grease if they're reasonable and polite.
fward

Stinson

Yep, you should always be polite. In this case we were polite for about three months while walking on tiles that were completely off the floor all over the house and they would not listen to, or respond to our concerns. Only after the contact with the Better Business Bureau were they willing to help. And that was only after finding the results of the chemical analysis and that the problem was with the product maker. I was still polite until they asked me to sign that document.

I think if the tire's serial numbers were presented along with those of the other person's Coker tires mentioned, if available, perhaps they could match up with the same falty batch that even others might have reported as also being bad, perhaps a refund may be due.
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

Rick Biarritz

So, uh, does anybody know where to get the discount coupons? 

Richard Ould

Otto Skorzeny

Pushy, Pushy Rick!

Don't you know this is the CLC Forum?  We have to discuss all kinds of non-related crap first!

This is all I got.

https://store.cokertire.com/payment-and-pricing/how-to-get-discount-coupon.html
fward

Stinson

You know what gets my goat. Some people act like they want a direct answer to their question, before we can get to the good stuff. Sorry, just had to say that, ha, ha.
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
CLC22330

Otto Skorzeny

Here's more:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?page_id=176

How big a discount do you get?  If it's more than $50 then i guess it's worth joining.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?page_id=175

fward

35-709

FWIW ----

http://www.hotrodders.com/corky-coker.html

And, by the way, I would register my complaint with Coker Tire with the Chattanooga Better Business Bureau.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Otto Skorzeny

That is the most bizarre and funniest stuff I've read in a long time.
fward

Rick Biarritz

Oh, this is funny.  I go to the HAMB website, and there is a HUGE list of vendors from whom you can get discounts if you pay fifty bucks to join HAMB.  Each and every vendor listed (unless I missed one or two) tells you how much of a discount you get from them.  All but one....  Can you guess the only vendor on the HUGE list who does not tell you how much of a discount you get?  Anyone?  Anyone?  

Richard Ould

Otto Skorzeny

Maybe you ought to call Diamondback or Lucas.
fward

Rick Biarritz

Cool!  Hadn't even heard of these guys.  Now I can do some serious price comparisons.  Thanks.  

Richard Ould

quadfins

And for another price comparison, try Universal Tires.

What, specifically, are you looking for?

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Rick Biarritz

Just need some whitewalls for the 83 Eldo.  I went to Merchant's, Costco, and Sears.  ONLY Merchant's could get them, and that was a Sigma tire with a tiny little stripe.  I find this hard to believe but that's what they told me.  I need 205 75 15, or I could go 215 75 15.

Richard Ould

Tod-NTCLC

Rick -

Try Firestone (FR380) or Discount Tire (Hankook H274) - both of these have whitewalls that will fit the Eldorado.  I was getting my car ready for a tour last week, and even though the tires had less than 17,000 miles, one of the tires had a bulge (they were 11 years old).  I went on a search to get a set of whitewalls and ran into to the same thing that you are finding.  It seems that the only a few makers are still putting out a whitewall, and they appear to be "bottom line" tires, but I figured for the amount of miles I put on them, it would be cheaper to buy a new set every 5 years instead of buying premium tires.

TJ Hopland

My 80 eldo has 215 75's.    I believe you could also go to a 225 70 series but those were never as common as the 75's so I bet the same issue with a white wall.   I have found if you are willing to shop or have a tire shop that is willing to look there is usually something out there but it wont be a big name you are used to and you need to be sure to get all 4 at the same time because you go back a few months later and they are NLA.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

Get away from department and big box stores that sell tires (although Sears might be OK).  Go to an independent tire store!    Kumho also makes a 205-75-15 with a white stripe, many independent tire stores handle them and they are a decent tire.  You can also find it at www.tirerack.com  Tire Rack will ship them directly to your tire dealer/store for installation on your car, of course make sure it is OK with your tire store to do this, but most will agree with no problem.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Rick Biarritz

Otto does it again!  Found  the perfect tire on Lucas, but they don't carry it anymore.  So I searched around and found in on tireseasy.com.  GT radial, p215 75r15, with a 1.3 inch!!!!! stripe.  Sweet!  Thanks. 

Richard Ould