News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

defroster vent tubing/duct source 1938 Cadillac

Started by Matt Givler 12861, September 03, 2010, 11:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Givler 12861

Does anyone have a source for this?  The outer diameter of the vent behind the dash is 1-3/4.  I tried home depot and lowes thinking they would have dryer vent flexible tubing, but it was all too large.

Thanks

Jim Stamper

I am missing mine too on my 37 coupe. I thought I would try a vacuum cleaner repair shop or store. They might have something close to the size that will work until the right stuff comes along.

Jim Stamper, CLC#13470

markl

Matt,
This won't pass for authentic, but McMaster-Carr carries numerous styles of duct hose.  One product called Blo-R-Vent has an ID of 1 1/2" and an OD of 1.74".  Only about $1.50/ft. if purchased in 5ft increments.  The full roll price is cheaper, but 100ft.  This is an all plastic hose that uses a PVC spiral helix for reinforcement, so should have no corrosion problems.

Mark Lowery, CLC#25216

harvey b

Hi All,I recently purchased this tubing at a place called Chevs of the 40's,it is a exact repro of the original hose.it comes in i think 4 foot lengths and isnt that expensive,they have a great website and catalog,it is a good source for a lot of the hard to find items,they are not usually advertised as caddy parts but will work,they seem like a good outfit to deal with too. HTH Harvey B

Harvey Bowness
65 dougan lane
Frenchfort PEI
Harvey Bowness

Otto Skorzeny

...they are not usually advertised as caddy parts

Right. And don't tell them you're looking for Cadillac parts either or you will pay 3 times as much for it. Seriously.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

TJ Hopland

How about the carb preheat tubes from the 70's?

Doorman #96022  Is a 1 3/4 x 18" aluminum

#96046 same in aluminum / paper

#96032 is 1 3/4 x 32" aluminum / paper

Doorman is the Help! line that most stores carry so they should be able to order it under the doorman name or under their own.

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason