News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

75 Eldorado & 74 Fleetwood Broughm

Started by Jeff Wilk, September 06, 2010, 09:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Anybody know if the wire wheel covers from a 74 Fleetwood Broughm will fit a 75 Eldorado???  I have no clue.  Is front wheel drive an issue for cap fitment?

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi,
They won't fit, the center of rim on the front wheel drive Eldo rim sticks out too much, 67-78 Eldo Hubcaps should fit, they are hard to find, Olds Tornado and I think Buick Riviera in that year range would fit also. I'm not even sure if their is a factory wire hubcap for those Eldorado's.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Davidinhartford

The wire wheel cover option that came out in 76 was not available on the front drive Eldorados.  As said above, the spindles stick out too far to fit.     I've seen a few with aftermarket wire wheels, but they must cost a fortune.

Rich S

This site shows a true wire wheel that fits the Front Wheel Drive 1971-1978 Eldorados:

http://www.hobbycar.com/

There were also some rare dealer installed wire wheel covers for Eldorados "back in the day," but their quality was not such that many of those have survived. Another nicer dealer installed wheel was made by "Appliance" Company, and they featured a honeycomb, woven aluminum wheel appearance and a Cadillac crest on their center caps, but those are rare, too:

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

wm link

The Wire wheel 'covers'  were first offered in 1975, they were the first ones since those offered in 1953.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Rich,

I have a set of those Appliance Wheels and I am having trouble fitting them to the front of my '72 Eldo.

The tyre comes into contact with the fender lip on medium turns.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon